CapabilityTransport has wide ranging impacts over many aspects of society and the economy. The 2002 New Zealand Transport Strategy listed five objectives for the transport system:
• ensuring environmental sustainability
• assisting economic development
• assisting safety and personal security
• improving access and mobility
• protecting and promoting public health
These were reiterated in the current New Zealand Transport Strategy which was published in 2008.
Solving transport problems often requires a multi-disciplinary approach. The TERNZ team has a wide range of skills and, for some projects, we also work with other experts in fields we do not cover in-house.